Sarah Mills is definitely not driving anywhere at the moment (having just undergone major leg surgery) but she might be able to find someone who could check BUT if it is an injured fox and can run off into a garden then it is not likely to be caught.
Not sure what "distressed" entails? This is the problem: despite trying to get volunteers out of any of the many thousands of people on Bristol wildlife groups none come forward to operate on a permanent basis and most when contacted were "otherwise engaged" which means nothing can be done.
We have one rescuerr in Bristol (Secret World are still saying they 'cannot' come to Bristol) who basically covers the City and County of Britol, BANES, NE Somerset and South Gloucestershire and travels thousands of miles in her work.
I have asked on Bristol Wildlife Group, Bristol Badger Group as well as Fox Project Bristol -not a single volunteer -it is almost as if people do not want to go out in all sorts of weather at a few minutes notice and see some blood or injured animal
Fox Angels has Bristol covered....by Sarah Mills.
We have both tried looking around but there is nowhere near to Bristol (rescue wise) that can help out. The one reason I stopped being as active as I was is because I found myself doing all the work with no real support. Sarah does the work solo (I am not sure whether the couple of people who help when they can want to be named?).
Biggest urban fox population outside of London, urban badger population, deer of various types and there is more support for hedgehogs (not complaining about that) than the larger mammals -or even bird species.
Being contacted after dark and after 10:00PM to look for any animal has a lot of problems including the "come into my garden I'll smash your face in!" types.
(r+mb%20id@768)%20(1).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment