Total Pageviews

Friday, 7 August 2026

How many times have I written this?

 

How many times have I written this?

That people on my own groups need telling again shows the 'interest'.

I am not in any way connected with the Badger Trust. I set up the Bristol Badger Group in 1994 after the Avon Badger Group folded and there was no one, including the RSPCA, willing to deal with calls regarding badgers.
Since 1994 I have on over a dozen occasions sought assistance from the Trust over badger territory/setts at risk of destruction. On not one single occasion was the Trust interested because it is not a get off your ass and do something body.
Had I not intervened then Bristol would now be minus 20 badger setts/territories and even last year I was advising and pro-active in dealing with proposals to sell off and develop old badger territories. It earned me the anger and backlash from Bristol City Council and despite all of that I find the Trust trying to set up a Trust group in Bristol for those interested in badgers BECAUSE I would not pay an annual fee to be on their list.
We have a capable wildlife rescuer who has dealt with badger call outs -otherwise badgers would simply have been ignored.
What is galling is that members oin this and Bristol Foxes and Badgers are donating to a national group with no local interest while BBG struggles alongwith money from my pocket (which is meagre at best).
I do not do the work for publicity or to make money I do it for the wildlife but all of it is reported on here or at Foxes and Badgers where occasionally someone says "Oh. Right." and goes back blankly to ,,,,whatever.
I really feel like I have wasted my life trying to help wildlife and the environment in Bristol. And, even more annoying, the "Where are you from originally?" is insulting. I was born and grew up in Bristol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How many times have I written this?

  How many times have I written this? That people on my own groups need telling again shows the 'interest'. I am not in any way conn...